This week the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is in Washington D.C. to lobby legislators to discourage them from reforming America’s broken immigration system.
FAIR hasn’t been having a very good week. Turn-out to their "Hold their feet to the fire” event has been poor, the media has been discussing the report from the Southern Poverty Law Center that labels them a “hate group”, and the Smithsonian Institution publicly acknowledges it mistakenly rented space to the organization.
In effort to help out busy legislators and their staff, Rev. David Ostendorf at the Center for New Community has come up with a series of questions (and responses) that members of Congress can ask FAIR representatives when they come knocking:
1. Do you live in my District/State? A. Really? I hope you’ll move out soon. B. No? Why are you wasting my time?Read the full article at http://www.imagine2050/ or by visiting: http://imagine2050.newcomm.org/2009/09/16/top-ten-questions-and-responses-members-of-congress-should-ask-fair-representatives/
2. When are you going to return that racist $1.2 million FAIR got from the Pioneer Fund? A. Never? Why don’t you just pass it through to the Klan? B. There is no B.
3. Since the Smithsonian banned FAIR from using its space again, where will you hold your awards dinner next year? A. Glen Beck’s studio? B. Roy Beck’s basement?
4. For an alleged mass movement against mass immigration, why was your turnout this year so embarrassingly miserable? A. You’re all smoke and no Fire. B. You couldn’t organize more than fifty.
5. How’s your latest eugenics study going? A. There isn’t one? Why not? B. You don’t call your stuff eugenics anymore?
6. Why don’t you want immigrants to have good health care? A. You already had your flu shots? B. You want Joe Wilson to be President?
7. What’s up with your hanging out with the vigilante Minutemen? A. You’re too afraid to pack your own guns? Wow. B. You’re too lazy to defend the border yourselves? Wow.
8. Do you support the Constitution of the United States? A. Yes? But only if it’s printed on white paper? B. Yes? But only up to the Tenth Amendment?
9. Why aren’t there any African Americans in your contingent? A. The four members of your infamous Choose Black America front were busy this week? B. Black people have to be treated like immigrants too?
10. What’s with FAIR’s ties to white nationalists? A. You like the intellectual stimulation? B. There’s a growing market for “Whites Only” signs?