Join Recursos para Derechos Humanos, Central Oregon Jobs with Justice, CAUSA, Oregon’s Immigrant Rights Coalition and residents of Deschutes County this Friday for a March and Rally at Congressman Greg Walden's office in Bend.
Friday's action is part of a nationwide mobilization to shore up Congressional support for the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act of 2009 and the Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America's Security and Prosperity Act of 2009 (CIR ASAP) (HR 4321).
During the march and rally to take place at noon, advocates will tell Representative Greg Walden (R-OR):
• Immigrants are a critical part of America’s economy and its recovery.Finally, they will ask him to join as a co-sponsor of HR4321 and to support the DREAM Act.
• The American future depends on a secure, legal immigrant community.
• Immigration Reform & the DREAM Act needs to be passed NOW!
WHAT: March and Rally for DREAM Act and CIR-ASAP
WHEN: Noon, February 12, 2010
WHERE: Meet at the west end of the Domino Room (51 NW Greenwood Ave.) and march to the Congressman's office located at 1051 NW Bond St. in Bend.
WHO: Recursos para Derechos Humanos, Central Oregon Jobs with Justice, CAUSA, Oregon’s Immigrant Rights Coalition and residents of Deschutes County
America needs serious immigration reform that:
• Creates millions of new taxpayers by requiring undocumented immigrants to register, go through background checks, pay taxes, and study English on their way to becoming full U.S. citizensFor more information about this event or the campaign, please contact Erik at 503.488.0263
• Protects workers and helps with economic recovery
• Keeps families together
• Protects the due process rights of all