Salem, Ore.-- Yesterday, CAUSA presented it's 2011 Latino Legislative Agenda in a briefing at the Oregon State Capitol. Those attending the briefing included Oregon State Representatives and Senators from both parties—Republicans and Democrats, coalition partners and leaders from the community.
Issues discussed at the briefing included affordable housing, education, public safety, health, and jobs and the economy.
Those presenting at the briefing included CAUSA's Executive Director Francisco Lopez, Frank Garcia, Executive Director of the Governor's Affirmative Action Office, Oregon State Senator Chip Shields (D-Portland), Oregon State Representative Bill Kennemer (R-Oregon City), Oregon State Representative Tina Kotek (D-Portland), Emily McLain, Executive Director of Oregon Student Association (OSA), Oregon State Representative Mitch Greenlick (D-Portland), Oregon State Representative Michael Dembrow (D-Portland), Attorney Barbara Ghio, Peter Hainley, Executive Director of CASA of Oregon and Attorney Michael Dale.
|Superintendent Susan Castillo|
Videos of speakers presenting at the briefing:
- Francisco Lopez introduces CAUSA's 2011 Latino Legislative Agenda
- Frank Garcia Director of the Governor Kitzhaber's Affirmative Action Office
- Oregon State Senator Chip Shields (D-Portland) discusses Public Safety
- Oregon State Rep. Bill Kennemer (R-Oregon City) discusses Healthcare
- Oregon State Rep. Tina Kotek (D-Portland) discusses Public Safety
- Emily McLain with Oregon Student Association discusses Tuition Equity
- Oregon State Rep. Michael Dembrow (D-Portland) discusses Tuition Equity
- Attorney Barbara Ghio discusses the issue of Public Safety
- Peter Hainley, CASA.of Oregon discusses Farmworker Housing
- Attorney Michael Dale discusses Wage Theft
- Francisco Lopez's closing remarks on CAUSA's Legislative Briefing
Oregon Latino community visits Salem to lobby for 2011 legislative agenda