Oregon’s Immigrant Rights Organization Applauds SCOTUS for upholding the Affordable Care Act
"Causa applauds the Supreme Court in their decision to uphold the the Affordable Care Act," said Francisco Lopez, Causa's Executive Director. "This is a great victory for Americans and Oregonians alike."
According to the Oregon Center for Public Policy, “Oregon can continue to move forward with confidence with its plans to reach 440,000 uninsured Oregonians mainly through the Oregon Health Plan and a new health insurance exchange for individuals and small businesses”.
Among the PPACA's provisions that will benefit American families include:
- Children will no longer be denied coverage due to a pre-existing condition
- Seniors will pay less for prescription drugs
- Students and young adults will be able to stay on their parents plans
- Insurance Companies can no longer put lifetime limits on coverage
- Small businesses will get tax credits for offering coverage to employees