Support CAUSA Today!

Monday, June 5, 2017

Volunteer Highlight: Diana Marquez Guerrero

My name is Diana Marquez Guerrero and I am a first year student at Willamette University. I have volunteered at Causa for three years now and I have loved every single minute of it. I began volunteering during the measure 88 campaign. Through my time canvassing and phone banking, I realized the importance of community activism. I became fully aware of the value in using one’s voice and time to help advocate for immigrant rights. Through Causa, I use my voice and skills to defend my family and community members. Now, I am the Recruitment Coordinator for the Salem Leadership team; Causa’s group of volunteer leaders. I am part of expanding Causa’s volunteer base and creating ways for community members to serve their community as well.


0 comments:

Popular Posts

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Press Release Distribution